Professional One-on-One Coaching for Physicians and Physician Leaders
Professional coaching is a collaborative solution-focused, result-oriented, systematic process in which the coach facilitates the enhancement of life/work experience and goal attainment in your personal and working lives.
I provide one-on-one coaching that completely tailors to your unique needs and goals which saves you precious time.
Areas of Specialization:
- Burnout Prevention/Resilience: Help you develop and maintain the necessary mindset, skills/habits, and structures to ensure your own well-being and create a foundation for sustained success at work and home. As a leader, the example you set is powerful; your own well-being goes a long way in fostering a positive and healthy work environment that strengthens the well-being of others and the long-term success of your organization.
- Leadership Presence: Help you enhance the qualities and attributes that commend attention, and engage and influence people effectively. Confidence, authenticity, charisma, communication skills, composure, and body language are some of the components of a strong leadership presence. These qualities can be learned and developed through coaching.
- Emotional Intelligence: Human beings are creatures of emotions. Knowing how to understand and manage your own emotions and the emotions of others is a crucial skill set for building strong relationships and leading others effectively. EQ-i 2.0 assessment is used to identify your strengths and specific areas of development which informs laser-focused coaching that gets you results.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: build leadership skills to navigate organizational culture and address sensitive matters such as giving feedback effectively and having difficult but necessary conversations. This is an area many leaders find challenging. One-on-one coaching helps you develop your mindset and skills quickly and provides you with timely feedback and support to tackle these challenges.
- Career Transition: Transitions are tremendous opportunities for growth and are challenging to go through in many ways. I offer specific guidance and ongoing support to help you navigate the emotional, psychological, logistical, and operational challenges to ensure a successful transition.
As your coach, I am your thinking partner who will:
- Help you clarify your most important goals
- Help you build and sustain motivation
- Introduce tools/strategies available to you
- Help you design actions steps
- Discuss how to manage obstacles that get in your way
- Provide accountability
- Help you move forward more quickly
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada recognizes professional coaching for CME Credits:
“As a member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, you
can claim credits in Section 3: Practice Assessment (3 credits per hour) for
professional coaching. Proof of coaching is not required but should be available if
requested by the College. If you have any questions, please contact Farah Wissanji,
MOC Program Education Support Coordinator, Continuing Professional
Development at firstname.lastname@example.org .”
As a coach, I am an ally, a thinking partner, an accountability partner, a cheerleader, and an experienced guide by your side. I use an integrated, evidence-based approach based on my coach-specific training in leadership, emotional intelligence, well-being/burnout prevention, and transition. Clients also benefit from my 17 years of experience working as a Licensed Counselling Therapist and my decades of life experience overcoming numerous personal and professional challenges.
Since you are the expert on your life and are inherently creative and resourceful, I will listen to you carefully and ask thought-provoking questions to help you tap into your strength, creativity, and resources. My primary role as your coach is to facilitate the coaching conversation that helps you arrive at the ideas and solutions – your unique way that works best for you in achieving your desired outcome. I also offer advice and introduce tools when it is beneficial.
In a typical coaching session, we work collaboratively to identify the desired outcome and options for achieving the result. We discuss potential obstacles that may get in your way and strategize ways to overcome these barriers. You then decide on an action step or steps you’re willing to take and set up a structure for accountability when applicable.
You will be expected to attend regularly scheduled meetings via telephone, videoconferencing, or in person, and to do homework, such as following through on your actions steps.
Coaching is not therapy. Although I am also a practicing Licensed Counselling Therapist, I do not engage in therapy with my coaching clients. If it becomes apparent that an emotional or psychological health issue will interfere with achieving your goal for coaching, I will refer you to a qualified professional.
It is not uncommon for clients to work with a coach while they are in therapy as long as they can make progress toward their coaching goals. With my background in counselling, I will be able to help you determine, should this issue arise, what the best course of action is.
The information you share with me remains strictly confidential unless you give written permission to release the information or I’m required to release the information by law.
Free Consultation Session
If you believe you may benefit from coaching, the first step is to contact me for a free, no-obligation 50-minute consultation session. In this complimentary session, we will discuss your needs and goals, and any questions you may have to determine whether my service is a good fit for you.
As Lao Tzu said, the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Contact me today to start creating a brighter future!